Leave the airport and head off towards the down south. Distances in between locations in Sri Lanka are not that long far but the time taken by road to reach a destination an experience. The 146km drive from the Colombo airport takes you through the city centre of Colombo, the coastal city of Mount Lavinia and the resort towns of Wadduwa, Kalutara, Beruwela, Bentota, Kosgoda, Ambalangoda, Hikkadduwa and finally Galle. The sights and sounds on this drive down with the sea on one side almost all the way and the domestic and commercial everyday life on the other makes the journey to Galle enriching and vibrant.
• Leave the airport and head off towards the down south.
• We will drive from the Colombo airport takes you through the city centre of Colombo, the coastal city of Mount Lavinia and the resort towns of Wadduwa, Kalutara, Beruwela, Bentota, Kosgoda, Ambalangoda, Hikkadduwa and finally Galle.
• When you eventually arrive in Galle you will check into your hotel.
Mirissa Whale Watching
• At leisure or go for Dolphin & Whale Watching boat ride in the sea off Mirrissa (Dondara) located just 40 minutes’ drive from your hotel.
Galle Dutch Fort
• We will visit Galle Fort is by walking. A leisurely walk leads past the old Dutch Church, the Governor’s house, the spice warehouses, Court Square, the Kacheri (town hall), the lighthouse and on to the sea wall and ramparts.
• Then visit the mosque and meander down streets leading to cricket fields, the temple, and the old District Judge’s house surrounded by ancient frangipani trees.
• After breakfast leave for Tangalle, a fishing town with one long unspoiled beach that is popular as a breeding ground for giant sea turtles
• When you eventually arrive in Tangalle you will check into your hotel for two nights stay.
• You could also visit the Rekawa Turtle Conservation project is located 10 kilometers east of Tangalle.
• Amanwella recommends visiting the project on the night of a full moon. One can truly see the influx of turtles in the glowing moonlight.
Yala National Park
• Late afternoon you will be leaving Tangalle and reach the entrance of the Yala National park.
Bundala National Park
• Early in the morning enjoy the breaking of the day from the hotel lawn.
• After breakfast go around and see the Hambantota town or head towards nearby Bundala game sanctuary for a photo safari
• On completion drive back to Colombo.
• Check in at hotel for an overnight stay.
Bandaranaike International Airport
• After your breakfast, you will be cruising on a sightseeing tour of Colombo.
• Then will go to the National Museum with its fine collection of lovely antiques.
• After that, you will be driven back to Colombo airport.
Copyright © 2018 Hope Lanka Tours. All rights reserved | Design by Hope Lanka Tours